Join our community for tasty recipe ideas, handy hints, seasonal fun facts and more.
Burgers are always a crowd favourite during a summer's day, and these tasty Blueberry Turkey Burgers are just that little bit more healthy for you. The addition of blueberries makes the burgers extra juicy and full of flavour. And the lemon-basil mayo adds a tangy tastebud delight!
1/4 Cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 Teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 Punnet Driscoll's Blueberries, divided
1 Clove garlic, minced
2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 kg turkey mince
3 Tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
4 Wholemeal English muffins
4 tomato slices
4 lettuce leaves
1) Add the mayonnaise, basil, lemon zest and 1/2 punnet blueberries in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
2) In a separate bowl, add the remaining blueberries, garlic, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Mash well with a fork. Then add the turkey mince, bread crumbs, season with salt and pepper and mix well combined.
3) Divide the mixture evenly into 4 patties.
4) Using a grill pan, coat with cooking oil of your choice and heat over medium-high heat. Once hot, place meat patties and cook 5-6 minutes per side or use a meat thermometer to check the temperature until it reads 80°C.
5) To serve, place 1 tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf and a turkey burger on the bottom half of each English muffin. Spread cut side of muffin tops with basil mayonnaise and place on burgers.