Join our community for tasty recipe ideas, handy hints, seasonal fun facts and more.
Bite into this cocoa-based brownie with bursts of chopped blackberries. Topped off with a perfectly spread silky, rich, truffle-like ganache and you'll be in heaven.
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Coat a 33cm x 23cm pan with nonstick spray.
2. Whisk flour, cocoa and salt together into a small bowl to aerate and combine; set aside.
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and brown sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl once or twice.
4. Beat in vanilla, then beat in eggs one at a time, allowing each one to be absorbed before adding the next. Add about one-third of flour mixture and mix on low speed.
5. Gradually add remaining flour mixture, mixing just until blended. Batter will be thick. Chop one punnet of blackberries finely and fold into batter, along with chopped chocolate. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until bars are slightly puffed and the edges have begun to come away from the side's of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some moist crumbs clinging. Place pan on rack until cool.
1. Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Immediately pour over chocolate; allow to sit for a few minutes for heat of cream to melt chocolate, then stir gently until ganache is smooth.
2. Gently whisk in softened butter until ganache is smooth; whisk in brandy, if using. Allow to cool at room temperature until thick enough to spread, about the consistency of soft mayonnaise.
1. Spread ganache evenly over brownies using a small offset spatula. Refrigerate until serving time, up to 2 days; bring to room temperature before serving. Cut into 32 bars (8x4). Place a single blackberry or raspberry on top of each brownie bite before serving.
200g semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 Cup thickened cream
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon blackberry brandy, optional
2 Punnets Driscoll's Blackberries
1 1/4 Cups flour
1/2 Cup sifted Dutch-processed cocoa
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 Cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces
1 1/4 Cups sugar
1/2 Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
55g Ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (to yield about 1/3 cup)
1 Punnet Driscoll's Raspberries
1 Punnet Driscoll's Blackberries
4 large eggs, at room temperature