Work Health Safety & Environmental Advisor
- Be part of a fast-growing and successful business with a global presence
- Previous exposure to agri/hort industry preferred
- Mobile + Lap Top
- National role with frequent travel to Launceston
Based at our newly refurbished HQ in Ravenhall in this exciting and newly created role, you will be providing hands-on support and guidance to our operational teams across TAS, NSW and QLD. You will responsible for ensuring all sites, including our largest operational site based in Tasmania is supported in their efforts to implement the company’s safety management systems. You will also be integral to the successful execution of key safety strategic initiatives. Your key duties will include:
- Compliance: Ensuring all sites are maintaining full compliance with both internal safety management systems and external safety regulations and codes of compliance.
- Advisory: Providing first level advice to all operational sites on interpretation and application of external regulatory guidelines, standards and compliance codes.
- Training & Documentation: Developing safety training materials (e.g. SOP’s, Competency Assessments, SWMS) as well as Safety Alerts and other training materials.
- Incident & Injury Prevention/Management: Conducting incident investigations and root cause analysis and making recommendations.
- Project Management: Coordinating site safety and facilities projects at a national level including site preparedness audits.
- Risk Management: Undertaking risk assessments in accordance with risk management guidelines.
- Site Safety Compliance: Conducting regular audits across all sites to identify compliance with safety management systems (against both internal and external requirements).
- Reporting: Conducting safety reporting and analytics and assist with annual safety survey and analysis.
- Strategic: Provide input in the development of safety strategic programs and assist in the execution of programs.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
If you believe you have what it takes, then we encourage you to apply! Applicants should meet the following criteria before applying:
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Safety
- Previous exposure to farming/agricultural sector desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and exp. in use of Safety Management Systems such as SkyTrust, Myosh or similar preferred
- Ability to produce high quality safety reports and documentation
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to travel interstate on a weekly basis
- Valid Australian drivers licence
- Unrestricted working rights