Farm Crew Supervisor
- F/T Permanent roles available
- Based 10 min from Launceston
- Growing berry company
As a Crew Supervisor you will be overseeing your own field team and reporting directly to the Production Managers and carrying out critical day to day field activities in this hands-on role full of challenge and variety. Working alongside the irrigation and maintenance teams you will be responsible for labour scheduling to ensure sufficient labour and planning is in place for field preparation activities for both pre and post harvest periods.
Your main objective will be to ensure your area achieves its daily targets and overall production goals through general supervision and planning skills. You key duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring field activities are performed in accordance with standard operating procedures, quality and safety standards.
- Planning and executing of field staff and operations in line with productivity and labour efficiency targets.
- Monitoring the worker welfare of staff as well as health and safety needs and requirements.
- Reporting of health and safety incidents and assisting in hazard and risk management activities as well as incident investigations.
- Reporting on productivity and labour metrics such as total plant numbers including quality and health of plants updates and reports.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate capabilities in the following:
- Previous exp working on a farm or nursery site is essential
- Ability to operate tractors, forklifts or machinery is preferred.\
- Basic computer skills is essential
- flexibility to work some weekends and overtime during peak/busy periods
- Unrestricted working rights
- Drivers licence